Cumin is one such spice that forms an integral part of various dishes in the Indian cuisine.
- Cumin is helpful in treating colon and breast cancer.
- The seeds contain thymoquinone, dithymoquinone, thymohydroquinone and thymol which are anti-carcinogenic agents.
- Cumin is rich in Vitamin C and has anti-fungal properties.
- Cumin helps to cure cold and other respiratory problems.
- Cumin seeds are also suggested for kidney health
- Cumin seeds are rich in iron
- Consuming cumin seeds will keep one protected from anaemia
- Enzymes present in cumin help to breakdown foods and thus aid in digestion
- Iron present in cumin helps to properly maintain our metabolic activity